The Pearson Foundation is proud to present the Pearson Prize for Higher Education, an award that supports students who are giving back to their local communities.
This year, the Pearson Foundation is awarding Pearson Prize Fellowships to 100 students in recognition of their commitment to local communities. Applications for the 2013 Pearson Prize for Higher Education are being accepted February 25 through April 19, 2013.
Most college award programs and scholarships offer support to graduating high school students who have distinguished themselves academically during their high school careers. Yet many students don't discover their direction until well after their college career has begun.
The Pearson Prize recognizes students who have:
- Been attending a two- or four- year school
- Completed at least one year in college
- Demonstrated leadership in community service
By addressing the needs of leaders who have distinguished themselves during their enrollment in a two- or four-year school, the Pearson Prize for Higher Education aims to fill a gap in the student investment scheme of other nonprofits, state agencies, and philanthropic organizations.
The Pearson Prize offers:
- A scholarship award of $1,000 each to 100 Fellows
- Guidance and opportunities from the Pearson Foundation and from Pearson, a leader in education
- Collaboration with past and current Prize Fellows, fostering community involvement and social entrepreneurship across the country.
How to Apply:
- Visit http://pearsonprize.pearsonfoundation.org/applications/ to register
- Students can apply starting February 25, 2013
- Completed applications must be received by April 19, 2013
Scholarship recipients will be notified by late July 2013. For more information about the application, visit the FAQ page.