Read for My School
Read for My School is the exciting new national schools reading competition from The Pearson Foundation and Booktrust, with support from the Department for Education.
The competition is designed to motivate children of all abilities and interests to read for pleasure and is being offered free of charge to all schools in England. It will encourage pupils in years 5 and 6 to read as much as they can, explore a variety of genres and formats and make their own choices as readers.
What is more, children can read their way to great rewards for themselves and their school, including donations of thousands of books to school libraries.
- October 2012: all primary schools in England will be invited to register at www.readformyschool.co.uk
- Spring term 2013: all pupils in years 5 and 6 who attend a participating school will be invited to sign-up and set up an online profile
- 21 January 2013: the competition commences
- 22 March 2013: the competition closes
- To ensure your school receives registration information in October, please enter your name, school name and email address below
- If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org